Saturday, July 3, 2010

Baked Frittata

I make this recipe for the mornings when I am lazy. All I have to do is mix the stuff I want together and put it in the oven. I pick and choose what I am in the mood for or what is in the refrigerator.

Baked Frittata
1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
1 green onion, finely chopped (greens too)
1/3 cup fully cooked ham, or 3 strips of cooked bacon, crumbled or 1/4 cup of sausage crumbles (in other words the breakfast meat of your choice in the amount you think looks good)
2 Tablespoons milk
1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (optional)
1/2 Tablespoon butter
4 eggs
3/4 cup (3 ounces) your favorite cheese or cheeses
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl combine the eggs, milk, Dijon mustard with the salt and pepper. Mix until foamy. Add meat and desired vegetables. Fold in desired cheese. Grease a pie pan with the 1/2 Tablespoon butter and pour the mixture into the pie pan (or spray it with butter flavored Pam). Bake at 375 degrees for 22-27 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center come out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment