Friday, July 9, 2010

Pork Chops on Rice

This recipe serves 2 but it grows very easily - in fact the original recipe was for 6. This one I have reduced down to fit Clyde and me. I don't put bouillon in the water anymore but I use low fat chicken broth instead. It was one of our family favorites, even for our non-pork lovers.

Pork Chops on Rice
2 pork chops
Vegetable oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup water
1 chicken bouillon cube
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup uncooked rice
Cook the rice in the water with the bouillon cube until rice is tender and water is absorbed. (My rice recipe is bring water and rice to a boil, turn down the heat to low. Cook for 25 minutes or until rice is cooked through. We are currently at sea level here so I actually need less water than I have needed before). Brown the pork chops (I usually start this about 1/2 way through the rice cooking). You want pork chops browned but not necessarily cooked through.

In a baking dish mix the rice with milk and salt and pepper. Lay the pork chops on top and cover the baking dish. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 20 minutes more or until the pork chops are browned.

Note: This dish can be cooked for 20 minutes and then refrigerated and warmed the next day for 30, until the pork chops are browned and bubbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment